Goomba's perspective Goomba's perspective

Mushroom Joke Gets Old

Mario Mushrooms being hallucinogens has been way too overdone.
And the rest of the piece was just a little too generic. Basically the whole way through you could tell exactly what was about to happen. As for the animation itself, it was pretty damn fluid; I'll give you a 7 for that, but everything else; needs work. Especially the humor. Also - try to find your own art style, this looked a bit too much like someone trying to clone an Egoraptor movie. Well that's just my opinion. Good luck for any future movies.

SRM Rock Guitar Band Hero SRM Rock Guitar Band Hero

And just when I thought you were done with SRM

Great Comeback man. Great Comeback.

Battosai810 responds:

Thanks! I'll admit it'd been a while since I made an SRM toon; probably too long!

Katan Katan

Masterpiece

I will start by saying I loved this movie. My only complaint is I think it would have been a bit better without the blood (the bug's blood felt appropriate but not otherwise), just because it didn't fit the nature of the movie. But the inclusion of blood is a very mere setback. I enjoyed this from the second the hammers starting rhythmically breaking rock to the very end. The art did improve as it went along like you pointed out, but eve at the beginning it was still better than most movies on this site. The character design was amazing, the creatures were not all identical but shared a body type an really got across the point that they were a speicies not a bunch of carbon copy slaves (Though they did act like slaves in the story. :P). The animation throughout shared a great fluidity with little in the means of delays or boring scenes. The plot was simple yet enjoyable, and played out much like a child's cartoon, we knew the character would win in the end, it was just a matter of how, and sometimes there's nothing wrong with that. In fact it worked quite well here. The music fit the film perfectly and the bits that were in sync with the song were more interesting to watch, though I am aware you didn't create the song, so all credit for that goes to I. Habgood. Still good choice of music, anyways. The overall polish and quality of presentation was outstanding. My hat is off to you, sir. 10/10 5/5 and Favorited.

Outpost:Haven Outpost:Haven

Generic is the Key Word Here

What's with all these 'survival horror' games that always boil down to nothing more than a top down shooter with poorly lit environments? For what it is, it's an okay game - but the top down genre is one that makes up a large part of the internet's flash games, and to stand out, your game needs to do something special. I played through this hoping or that something to be introduced but besides a few gimmicks it was no different than any of this website's other mindless shooters. Even the atmosphere felt overdone, we've seen movies, video games and even other Newgrounds submissions that carry out this exact feeling - I won't lie - It was cool the first few times - for sure it was, but when something becomes too predictable, it loses it's magic. Look, I know, Flash games take a lot of effort to make, I could never make a game on par with this, but a review is a personal opinion, not a score derived from sympathy. Yeah; It's a well made game, you added everything a standard top down shooter needs, survival mode, challenges, a multitude of upgradable weapons and even spectacular physics in a FLASH GAME! But.. in the end it's just more of the same. It was decently entertaining while it lasted, but it's nothing I'll remember for more than a few days. And for that I gotta give you a 7.

Osama's Revenge Osama's Revenge

An Entertaining little Game

"Osama's Revenge" was an entertaining little game, but not much more. There wasn't much to it, a simple boss-fight that can be completed with ease in well under a minute or two, yet it was done well and didn't overstay it's welcome. The game is good for a few laughs and is the kind of thing you'd get sent to you in an email, thankfully you understood that and respected it, keeping it simple and not throwing in tons of different modes, or unlocks, or stages in, just for the sake of content. The game felt like it should, simple controls, smooth animations and a slick art style. I can't give you a ten as it wasn't anything amazing or groundbreaking, but it was what it was, a fun little game designed to get a few laughs and kill about a minute or two, and I enjoyed it. 7/10 Nice job getting the game up while the topic was still recent! I hope to see more games from you in the future as well, the fact that you made a game of this quality in only a few short days is truly amazing. - JohnCamPro

Kenney responds:

Thanks for your review and I agree, it's a simple little game. Nothing new or unique, just a quick game.

The Gun Game 2 The Gun Game 2

An Unfortunate Let Down

When I first played The Gun Game 2 I was fairly excited, but after completion, I was substantially let down. Normally more of the same type of content, more customization and an added/better story can be the base of a great sequel. For The Gun Game, this was not the case. I loved the Gun Game 1, it felt like a simulation of gun collecting and firing. The gameplay itself felt too heavily focused on rewards and unlocks unlike the first, as many of the numerous missions felt rushed, too easy or flat out stupid, not to say though that all the missions were un-enjoyable, because I did still have fun with the game. The rest seemed to rely on the same physics so... good as usual! The sound was improved in complexity from the first, the addition of more sounds reacting to things in the physical world as well as the implementation of music. I must say though the music was fairly annoying and I found myself drawn to the "mute music" button, which by the way, is a little bugged. No big deal though. The story was a major weak-point, being told through the newspaper, it almost feels like it would have been better off without the newspaper, if there was none present like the game's predecessor, no one would say anything, but with the inclusion of the quest for the Rosemary, you give people the option to go, 'Wow, what a bad story line.' The art for the weapons was much improved in this one which is always good, however the whole cartoony art style for everything else felt unnecessary. Which is actually one of my main problems, the new style and overall presentation killed the game. The cheesy story, the lackluster creation of your cartoon portrait, the inclusion of enemies that you take on during the duels, the futuristic or fake weaponry (everything from the KH90 to the Rosemary) killed the element of a solid simulation and collection game. Don't get me wrong, It was a good game, gameplay is what matters right? Despite some below average puzzles the gameplay content was satisfying but some semi-broken concepts like the whole active mission system or the attempt to put in characters, a face to the player controlled gunman and a world for the game to take place in definitely killed the feeling The Gun Game 1 presented to us, and took away some of the fun. 7/10 3/5 Decent game, but an overall let down due to my high expectations.

The Fallen... The Fallen...

What the hell are you guys doing on Newgrounds?

This song is amazing - Easily my favorite song on 'This Will Be the Death of Us'. But.. I gotta say, I'm fairly confused right now. It says that this is Matt on your page - but I'm a little skeptical due to the fact that you probably wouldn't be releasing your shit for free on here if it really were you. Anyways regardless, I love this song. One of SYG's best by far.

Cyborg 0 Cyborg 0

Not the Best

Pretty generic robot soldier picture. I don't really see anything that makes it stand out besides the crude art style due to it being made in paint. Some specific parts look good such as the chest plates and the gloves, but other parts like the boots and the gun just look rushed, and overall his form is very odd. It looks like his joints are all askew and his limbs are asymmetrical - which would be fine but I don't think you were aiming for that. I donno, I don't wanna be an asshole, but it's really nothing special. 6/10 - Sorry, but between the purely generic concept and poor delivery, it's really not a great piece. Keep working on your drawing, and better luck next time!

PS: DON'T USE MS PAINT!!

Get off the cross Get off the cross

Alrighty

I am feeling a mixture of entertained, offended and confused. I don't know if this has some deep political or religious meaning. All I know is I laughed, for some reason? It's not really.. the best art but it's not bad I guess. Honestly this is one of the strangest pictures I've ever seen. I guess have a 7... ???

World Eater VS Dovahkiin World Eater VS Dovahkiin

Pretty Awesome

I like the details on the dragon itself, but the Khajiit doesn't look so good up close. Also - the amount of fire he's breathing looks kind of silly. Still, it's an amazing piece of art, rough around the edges maybe, but still far better than tons of the stuff on this website. Good job sir, and Merry Christmas.

Jessismith responds:

Thanks so much for the detailed critique. And I'll definitely keep in mind what you've said for my next work. Merry Christmas to you too! :D